I did it! I signed with a publishing company! Whoooohoooooo!!!!
But before I tell you which publisher let me share a cool story with you about my decision-making process and an Angel reading I had the night before I signed the contract.
I knew I was signing with this particular publishing company after researching several others, gathering tons of info, having multiple conversations with other authors, and connecting with a couple of publishers because…
- I no longer had thoughts or desires to research any other publishers
- this particular publisher had been on my mind since way back in the spring of 2018 when I wrote my book proposal
- I have a friend that published through them who said she would publish with them again in a heartbeat (which is a great recommendation!)
- I have another friend that is working with them right now and said she’s happy with them.
- I am friends with the owner and actually tapped with her before she presented at a conference (read about that here)
- My body and mind were calm – I didn’t have any fear about signing the contract or fear about paying a large chunk of money to them.
Although I knew that they were a YES I wanted confirmation around the timing of publishing my book because as I mentioned in my last update there were options, recommended time frames, and concerns I had.
- Spring: May 2020 – will I be able to pull this off?
- Summer 2020: I was told… Don’t publish in June, July or August
- Fall 2020: Oh boy… the U.S. Presidential campaign and election will be going on.
One of my dearest friends in the world, Kim Julen, is a kick-ass Angel card reader so I set up a session with her to ask specific questions and get some clarity from the Angels.
Kim pulled cards from the “Angel Answers” deck. She asked about publishing in the fall of 2020. Do you know what card she pulled?
The “NO” card!
She asked about publishing in May 2020. Do you know what card she pulled?
The “YES” card!
(Btw, there are 44 cards in the answers deck, but Kim’s deck has 43 cards since the Maui wind took one away at the beach last year. There are 2 Yes cards and 2 No cards in the deck.)
Seriously! Talk about CLEAR messages!
I did a happy dance, slept on it and the next morning when I was at one of my favorite writing places, Starbucks off the boardwalk in Indiatlantic, Florida, to continue editing chapter three (currently titled Impact), I listened to Good Morning by Max Frost in my earbuds, danced in my chair, went to my Publisher folder in my email, found the contract, and signed it!
I’m officially signed with the Independent Publishing company Wise Ink!
I chose Wise Ink as my book team because of the reasons I mentioned above, and also since they are a one-stop-shop of experienced peeps that will consult, strategize, and help me with editing, designing, and publishing my book to launch in May 2020.
Yes, my goal is to publish and launch my book in May 2020. That gives me 9 months to knock this book out of the park with my new team’s support.
Stay tuned … in book update #4 I will share what my timeline looks like to publish my book by the end of May 2020.